Wednesday, June 5, 2019

May 13th - Fresno!

Dear Fam!

This was my first week in Fresno. We were hosting a missionary who is going to be training this transfer for several days at the beginning of the week, so we were a tri-panionship for a little while. Thursday we did this thing called Open Your Mouth where, when you first come in the mission, you go out with a more experienced missionary and you contact as many people as you can. I went out with an Elder Chase from Colorado so we contacted a bunch of college students at Fresno City. It is a good way to get new missionaries out and to see what missionary work is like in the first few days.

It is weird being a Zone Leader especially since I am in the heart of Everything. Our church building currently is the mission office so I have been there more times in the last week then I have in my whole mission...pretty crazy. It's also a lot of added responsibility because I have to come up with a whole bunch of goals and plans with different leaders in our Zone and all kinds of other business type things.

We had a Mother's Day activity this week so I got to meet some of the Ward which was good. We had our friend and his wife come which was awesome because it motivated them to go to church the next day. 

It has rained a ton here in Fresno in the last week so we were pretty wet.

Sunday I got to meet the ward and we had a Hispanic outreach program meeting so we got to talk about new store front churches that will be opening up here in Fresno soon.  

That was my week in a nutshell I will call you later!

Love,
Elder Murray

No comments:

Post a Comment